12/31/07

Draenei Hunter 21 - 40


21-30
Around my late teens, early 20s there was some friction with myself and other members of Phoenix Wrath that caused me to split from the guild and look for another one.

I switched over to my cousin's guild, Blood Pack. The guild was okay, but still not what I was looking for exactly, so after a few days ther, I left and went hunting again for a place for my character to call home. I'm pretty picky about this because with my horde hunter, I run a guild, so what I think a guild should be is defined.

I stumbled onto a little guild called Order of the Temple. It was just forming, and in some ways still is. Wovencroft is the Guild Leader, and so far I think he and I are getting along all right. The people are friendly, the atmosphere is good, I think Yaz might stay here for quite some time...

At 30 I decided I wanted a boar. The last boar available until 48 is a level 26, from Razorfen Kraul. Before I went to the Barrens, I ran into Redridge and tamed Bellygrub - a level 24 boar that knows charge 3 and Gore 4. Learned those skills and then switched back to my lion.

RFK is not something that should be done without a group, but I went in on my own - I had Feign Death, I could easily run far enough past the stuff at the entrance and FD out of issues... then pop up, lay my trap and tame my piggy friend... right? Wrong.

I died 5 times trying to get a boar... mostly due to the stuff at the very start and to the left of the entrance... would either resist or I'd fall too far and well... it wasn't pretty.

When I finally did get clear of the mess of mobs at the start of the instance? I grabbed a level 25 Raging Agam'ar, but decided I didn't like the look of the lighter colored boar. I was going to tame the level 26 Rotting Agam'ar, but couldn't get to it due to a patrolling ooze. I settled for a level 25 Agam'ar, which I named Xavi and hearthed out.

31-40
I spent 30-32 leveling Xavi up to my level in Ashenvale, doing quests and killing random mobs as it suited me. At 30 I was finishing up many of the Night Elf Rep quests. At 34 I was exaulted with Teldrasil. I then turned my attention to raising enough money by 40 to have my skills and my mount training.

I ran SM Cathedral once with Yazmin, it was a run-through with a 60 warrior leading the group. I only screwed up once... forgot that there was a mob to the left of a door way, stepped through and got killed pretty quickly. Not too fun for me, the healer rezzed and the group moved on. I didn't get anything but xp out of that run... it was worth it though... reminded me what grouping can be like with inexperienced players, and why I had enjoyed SM so much on Tzia.

After that run, I went over to Ratchet and popped up near Humar's tree, just to see if the black cat was home... he was! So I dashed back to Ratchet, dropped Xavi off in the stable and tamed myself a pretty black male lion.

At 40 I had enough money 104g to be exact to buy my mount, which cost 80g and get all my level 40 training too! I was happy with myself! I'd hit a major milestone - Yazmin to 40. Next goal is 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment