10/2/08

What A Mess!

Today has been a bit of a mess. I had planned to register to vote -- maybe tomorrow if I have enough time between a job interview and cleaning up a watery mess that started my day off.

Yes, I woke up this morning to water ballooning underneath paint as it dripped through the ceiling and ran down the wall, half over, half under the paint. Lucky me... it was in my room, the same wall that my computer sits against. The Guy woke me up to a "Hon, wake up and take a look at the wall."

I woke up, looked at the wall I was facing, went "Hun?" And then rolled over to the paint puffing out oddly in two places on the wall... right above my computer. Meep! Needless to say, I scrambled out of bed and started disconnecting my computer, killing its power with the flip of a switch while The Guy went to call the landlord and get maintenance down here. We moved both our computers out to the kitchen, re assembled them, and that is now where I sit. The hallway and half my room carpet are soaked clear through, the hall closet and my shoes are a total mess. I'm so glad I'm not wearing tennis shoes to that interview tomorrow... I'd squish when I walked.

The apartment above ours had the toilet over flow while the tenant was out of the house... no clue how long it takes water to seep through floor boards, run down the wall and soak the carpet. I woke up to The Guy complaining first about the floor being wet... I figured one of the kitties had had an accident on the floor, and went back to sleep. I was of the opinion that he could clean it up for once.

Then he noticed the wall... which really got me up. We found the closet AFTER we'd called the landlord about the water ballooning the paint. His work uniform, shoes and all were hanging in the hall closet and well... laundry done, shoes hopefully be semi dry enough to wear by the time he has work tomorrow. What a mess... don't know how long its going to take the carpet to dry, and the paint will have to come off that wall... it won't dry properly otherwise. I don't like the idea of mold much.

Basically? My day has not been a pleasant one. Though, I will say this is the second weirdest thing that has happened to me... weirdest has to be waking up to a bed collapsing underneath me. But that's another story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment